[mythtvnz] MythDVD - Rec'd workaround for limited recording profiles

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:29:05 +1200 (NZST)

On Sun, June 17, 2007 12:59 pm, Matt Poff wrote:
> The 'Good' quality setting in MythDVD often seems to generate AVIs whic=
> are larger in file-size than I need. I see someone on the MythTV Wiki
> has added 'the ability to create custom recording quality profiles' to
> the wish-list  but wondered if anyone  is using a good workaround
> (preferably one that doesn't require dropping out of the Myth GUI)?

Can you bounce me the link as I've had requests for additional profiles

> Also, if I do need to manually run transcode over such files and
> re-compress to a lower quality, is this likely to reduce the quality
> more than if had just run that command off the bat?

Yes it would be quite a bit worse.

If you are really fussy then you need to use a desktop based tool where
you can specify filesize.

Anyone here had issues with DVD Rips under MythTV. I have a customer with
a bunch of disks that throw I/O errors when he tries to rip them.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz