[mythtvnz] MythDVD - Rec'd workaround for limited recording profiles

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:59:31 +1200

The 'Good' quality setting in MythDVD often seems to generate AVIs which
are larger in file-size than I need. I see someone on the MythTV Wiki
has added 'the ability to create custom recording quality profiles' to
the wish-list  but wondered if anyone  is using a good workaround
(preferably one that doesn't require dropping out of the Myth GUI)?

Also, if I do need to manually run transcode over such files and
re-compress to a lower quality, is this likely to reduce the quality
more than if had just run that command off the bat?

Thanks,
Matt