[mythtvnz] MythDVD - Rec'd workaround for limited recording profiles

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:43:07 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> On Sun, June 17, 2007 12:59 pm, Matt Poff wrote:
>
>> The 'Good' quality setting in MythDVD often seems to generate AVIs which
>> are larger in file-size than I need. I see someone on the MythTV Wiki
>> has added 'the ability to create custom recording quality profiles' to
>> the wish-list  but wondered if anyone  is using a good workaround
>> (preferably one that doesn't require dropping out of the Myth GUI)?
>>

> Can you bounce me the link as I've had requests for additional profile

Check one of the last items under "MythDVD" - just a request though no
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_(Plugin_Addons)#MythDVD
>> Also, if I do need to manually run transcode over such files and
>> re-compress to a lower quality, is this likely to reduce the quality
>> more than if had just run that command off the bat?
>>

> Yes it would be quite a bit worse

Hmm, thought so... A 'fit to media' option within MythDVD would be ideal.