[mythtvnz] Assuming the polarity change on Sky happened...

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:07:30 +1200 (NZST)

> On 7/31/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, July 31, 2007 10:21 am, Steve Hodge wrote:
>> > Once you've got the Freeview channels setup in Myth, all you need to
>> do
>> is
>> > to set the Sky versions of those channels as not visible and set the
>> > Freeview ones as visible...
>
> Word of warning. Making the Sky Channels "Not Visible" might not be
>> sufficient. I tend to reduce their priority to -9 to make sure they
>> aren't
>> selected
>

> I don't think I've ever had a problem with Myth using a channel not marked
> as visible, but probably better to be safe than sorry.
>
> If you've updated the Sky transponder to H it shouldn't matter if Myth
> uses
> the old channels anyway, as they will still work (except if you want to
> use
> the MHEG stuff). If you want to be extra safe you could delete the xmltvid
> (to make sure there is no EPG data for the channels you don't want to
> use),
> and/or change the callsign. You could also just delete the channels
> entirely, but they'll come back if you do a rescan.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Well, I deleted the old Sky vertical transponder FTA channels and scanned
the FreeView transponder frequencies and deleted the test/junk channels
manually.

I then upped the priority to +5 (the Sky box inputs are at 0) and set the
xmltvid on each of the channels to the same as I'm using from epgsnoop and
turned off the EIT for those channels (TVNZ Sports Extra I've left on EIT
of course).

I've set channel numbers differently for Sky, VHF/UHF tuner and DVB so I
can tweak the schedules easily (I certainly don't want to find I can't
browse all my channels in live TV because a scheduled recording has
grabbed the Sky input). I have tried using priorities to assign the DVB
for scheduled recordings first and LiveTV at the lower priority but it
didn't work in a way I was happy with - I might play with it some more in
due course.

I must say I'm impressed by the mheg display capabilities - I'd be
interested to know how people have mapped the keys on a PVR150mce remote
to make the best use of what is available.

Cheers all

--
Robin Gilks