[mythtvnz] Assuming the polarity change on Sky happened...

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:19:39 +1200

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:07:30 Robin Gilks wrote:
> Well, I deleted the old Sky vertical transponder FTA channels and scanned
> the FreeView transponder frequencies and deleted the test/junk channels
> manually.

That's what I did this morning too.

> I then upped the priority to +5 (the Sky box inputs are at 0) and set the
> xmltvid on each of the channels to the same as I'm using from epgsnoop and
> turned off the EIT for those channels (TVNZ Sports Extra I've left on EIT
> of course).

Ditto (my DVB inputs are at 1, Sky at 0)

> I've set channel numbers differently for Sky, VHF/UHF tuner and DVB so I
> can tweak the schedules easily (I certainly don't want to find I can't
> browse all my channels in live TV because a scheduled recording has
> grabbed the Sky input). I have tried using priorities to assign the DVB
> for scheduled recordings first and LiveTV at the lower priority but it
> didn't work in a way I was happy with - I might play with it some more in
> due course.

I have all the channel numbers, channel names and callsigns the same myself.

I have MythTV set to avoid conflicts with LiveTV, this means that watching
LiveTV will always give you the Sky input (unless it's busy) and any
recordings on 1, 2, 3 and 4 will record via DVB.

> I must say I'm impressed by the mheg display capabilities - I'd be
> interested to know how people have mapped the keys on a PVR150mce remote
> to make the best use of what is available.

I've not looked at the MHEG application, the myth guide does all I need.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier