[mythtvnz] Assuming the polarity change on Sky happened...

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:50:16 +1200

------=_Part_54694_33307772.1185850216923

On 7/31/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, July 31, 2007 10:21 am, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > Once you've got the Freeview channels setup in Myth, all you need to do
> is
> > to set the Sky versions of those channels as not visible and set the
> > Freeview ones as visible...

Word of warning. Making the Sky Channels "Not Visible" might not be
> sufficient. I tend to reduce their priority to -9 to make sure they aren't
> selected

I don't think I've ever had a problem with Myth using a channel not marked
as visible, but probably better to be safe than sorry.

If you've updated the Sky transponder to H it shouldn't matter if Myth uses
the old channels anyway, as they will still work (except if you want to use
the MHEG stuff). If you want to be extra safe you could delete the xmltvid
(to make sure there is no EPG data for the channels you don't want to use),
and/or change the callsign. You could also just delete the channels
entirely, but they'll come back if you do a rescan.

Cheers,
Steve