[mythtvnz] Assuming the polarity change on Sky happened...

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:40:39 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, July 31, 2007 10:21 am, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 7/31/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, July 31, 2007 8:24 am, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> > ...what happens next!!
>

> It has happened.
>
>> Up to now I've been using the TV1 and TV2 vertical signals from the Sk=
>> > (vertical) transponder. I assume I can use the horizontal Freeview
>> ones
>> > instead now.
>>

>  Yep.
>
>> Do I delete my SkyStar card completely and start again to switch over =
or
>> > is it just a rescan on different transponder frequencies? Is Lyngsat
>> the
>> > best place to get the transponder freqs from (I don't seem to have a
>> note
>> > of them anywhere).
>>

> It depends. Do you already have the Freeview transponders scanned? If s=
o,
> then you don't need to rescan anything as MythTV does not need to know
> what
> the Sky transponders are, or what is on them. If you do want to continu=
> be able to tune One and 2 on the Sky transponder you can just manually
> edit
> that transponder (12671) and change it's polarity to H.
>
> If you don't have the Freeview transponders scanned you can either set
> them
> up specifically and scan them or rescan everything. You don't need to
> delete
> the card. Lyngsat has the details of the Freeview transponders, but has
> not
> yet been updated for the change to Sky's setup.
>
> I want to ensure I now switch from the Sky V TV1/2/Maori to the Freevie=
>> ones, but maintain my recording schedules.
>>

> Once you've got the Freeview channels setup in Myth, all you need to do=
 is
> to set the Sky versions of those channels as not visible and set the
> Freeview ones as visible. If you've got "record on this channel" record=
ing
> rules you want to maintain then you need to make sure that the Freeview
> channels have the same callsigns as the Sky versions of those channels.
> It's
> also worth using the same channel numbers. Finally, you need to make su=
re
> you've got EPG data for the Freeview channels - set the xmltvids to the
> same
> as the Sky versions and rerun whatever you have setup to import EPG dat=
a.

Word of warning. Making the Sky Channels "Not Visible" might not be
sufficient. I tend to reduce their priority to -9 to make sure they aren'=
selected

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz