[mythtvnz] Assuming the polarity change on Sky happened...

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:21:22 +1200

------=_Part_51963_24538629.1185834082844

On 7/31/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, July 31, 2007 8:24 am, Robin Gilks wrote:
> > ...what happens next!!

It has happened.

> Up to now I've been using the TV1 and TV2 vertical signals from the Sky
> > (vertical) transponder. I assume I can use the horizontal Freeview ones
> > instead now.

 Yep.

> Do I delete my SkyStar card completely and start again to switch over or
> > is it just a rescan on different transponder frequencies? Is Lyngsat the
> > best place to get the transponder freqs from (I don't seem to have a
> note
> > of them anywhere).

It depends. Do you already have the Freeview transponders scanned? If so,
then you don't need to rescan anything as MythTV does not need to know what
the Sky transponders are, or what is on them. If you do want to continue to
be able to tune One and 2 on the Sky transponder you can just manually edit
that transponder (12671) and change it's polarity to H.

If you don't have the Freeview transponders scanned you can either set them
up specifically and scan them or rescan everything. You don't need to delete
the card. Lyngsat has the details of the Freeview transponders, but has not
yet been updated for the change to Sky's setup.

I want to ensure I now switch from the Sky V TV1/2/Maori to the Freeview
> ones, but maintain my recording schedules.

Once you've got the Freeview channels setup in Myth, all you need to do is
to set the Sky versions of those channels as not visible and set the
Freeview ones as visible. If you've got "record on this channel" recording
rules you want to maintain then you need to make sure that the Freeview
channels have the same callsigns as the Sky versions of those channels. It's
also worth using the same channel numbers. Finally, you need to make sure
you've got EPG data for the Freeview channels - set the xmltvids to the same
as the Sky versions and rerun whatever you have setup to import EPG data.

Cheers,
Steve