[mythtvnz] Re: DVB-S cards: Twinhan VisionPlus VisionDTV Sat VP-1020A

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:17:24 +1200

------=_Part_109530_13481641.1184710644684

On 7/18/07, sam@samborambo.ws <sam@samborambo.ws> wrote:

> The most annoying thing though is the
> EPG collection that runs while the backend is idle - every 15 minutes.
> During the EPG polling, the driver almost locks up the PC for a couple of
> seconds causing glitches in movie playback and games. Very annoying. I
> could probably live with that if the EPG collection only ran once a night
> at some ungodly hour but, unfortunately, the backend setup won't let you
> set the time interval to more than 15 minutes.

You could just switch it off and use epgsnoop or tv_grab_dvb once a day. You
don't have to use the MythtTV EIT scanner.

Steve