[mythtvnz] Re: DVB-S cards: Twinhan VisionPlus VisionDTV Sat VP-1020A

Henry Cline mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:08:27 +1200

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 10:17 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:

> You could just switch it off and use epgsnoop or tv_grab_dvb once a
> day. You don't have to use the MythtTV EIT scanner.

Given the number of new people that are probably using MythTV because of
'FreeView' and the availability of the Skystar2 cards from trademe.
Maybe it is time for someone to write up a small howto that explains the
best way to set up for the EPG.

I can see a number of people in the near future who are likely to setup
a MythTV box with 1 DVB-S card and probably an analogue card as well
(for Prime) who are going to struggle with the EIT data not listing
Prime.

Might have to look at typing something up once I get home from work.

Anyone got some spare time they can donate ;-)

Henry