[mythtvnz] Re: OT: cat5 and RG6 cable suppliers in CHCH

Daniel Williams mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:20:08 -0400

 >> Sorry for the off-topic but I'm trying to help out a mate who has
the gib
 >> going into his new house at the end of the week and he's only just
thought
 >> of all his TV, sat, phone and networking!!

 >Best retail price I've found so far for the cat5 is TasTech with $120+gst
 >and best account price so far is Computer Dynamics at $110+gst. There is
 >certainly a lot of variability, the norm appears to be about $170 but
some
 >prices are over $300 for a 305m pull-through box!!

Try Rexells on Tuam St.  Their prices can be ok for non trade.  Talk to
them about what you want it for, as they may do a bit of a package deal
(as it's going to be more than just the odd face plate, but not at trade
volume levels).

Last time I was there they had both stranded + solid core, clipsal +
General Cable.  They also stock a decent range of faceplates etc, so you
should be able to match whatever the sparky is installing (hopefully you
will know what plates are being installed, so you can match them!!!)

My brother got the networking stuff from Rexells when he wired his place
a couple of years ago (60 odd ports + about 1.5Km of cable)

Daniel