[mythtvnz] is there any way to check mythfrontend hasn't hung?

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:26:15 +1200 (NZST)

Hadley Rich wrote:
> Perhaps you could enable the network control port and then try connecting
> it every so often and take action if you can't. This relies on the network
> control going down with the rest of the frontend.

Heh same thought at the same time.

> Related to the same issue, I've switched from a minimyth frontend to a NFS
> root small Ubuntu install as I found my minimyth installation not
> particularly stable. The NFS root was quick and easy to setup and has been
> considerably more stable.

My frontend is a full install.  I'm thinking about some form of suspend to
disk or ram rather than a complete power off.  Anyone tried that?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/