[mythtvnz] Now I'm using two sources...

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:38:11 +1200

------=_Part_128231_14954230.1183426691498

On 7/3/07, Barry Clearwater <barryc@bcsystems.co.nz> wrote:

> I've not got my listings sorted, had been using the guide from
> epg.pvr.geek.nz on the other machine, now although the script runs on
> this box, nothing is populated. Something is wrong, I get the same
> problem that was reported to the list in February 21 by Toby.  But Toby
> never said how he fixed it.  I actually have TVOne and TVTWO info coming
> in, thats 1035.dvb.guide. It is ok to have the same XMLTVID on the
> terrestrial and satellite channels is it not?

I recommend that you use the same xmltvids for FreeView and terrestrial
channels and use the same source of EPG data for all copies of a channel.
The way I load my data is via a script that looks like:

#!/bin/sh
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
dvbstream -s 22500 -o:/dev/null -f 1371 -p v -n 60 8192 &
tv_grab_dvb -s -o 12 > /home/mythtv/listings-$$.xml
mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 /home/mythtv/listings-$$.xml
mythfilldatabase --update --file 2 -1 /home/mythtv/listings-$$.xml
killall dvbstream

I use dvbstream to tune the DVB-S card to one of the Sky transponders (you
can use dvbtune for this instead), then I use tv_grab_dvb to grab the
listings, and then I load the same listings against both the terrestrial
source (source id 1) and the DVB-S card (source id 2). Most of the channels
only exist for source id 1, but mythfilldatabase will ignore any data for
channels that don't exist so this doesn't cause any problems.

Cheers,
Steve