[mythtvnz] Now I'm using two sources...

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:25:47 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, July 3, 2007 10:06 am, Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> Try toggling the Avoid Conflicts settings in  Settings > TV
>>> Settings > General (page 1)

>>> Hit "Y" to switch cards.
>>
>> This is still confusing. Shame there isn't a sensible way to up/down
>> browse across all inputs.

>>> Is that for all recordings, or only ones from the SkyStar2?  I find
>>> that DVB-S recordings suffer from a little jerkiness, most often when
>>> the OSD appears or fades out.  This is on an Athlon64 3200+ or
>>> X24600+, so I'm not normally starved for CPU, it just seems that's
>>> the way it is.
>>
>> This is a bug in 0.20-fixes that isn't present in 0.20-svn. I've
>> submitted
>> the patches required for a backport, but no one has picked them up.
>>

> I'm still playing with the 'Avoid Conflicts' settings to get it the rig=
ht
> way round for my occasional LiveTV browsing habits!
>
> This jerking problem only appears in LiveTV and it seems that the lates=
> SVN has changed the amount of buffering and its not enough for my syste=
m.
> Either pausing or skipping back a few seconds to leave a 'buffer space'
> sorts it all out. Strangely, its worse on the PVR150 to the DVB-S card =
-
> maybe because the DVB card produces a 'cleaner' signal to start with.

What SVN tag are you built off and are you using trunk or fixes?

I've found if I have Live TV, tuner to a channel, and then change channel
quickly a couple of times it really provokes the problem.

Check out this ticket for the detail on what needed backporting from trun=

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3591

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz