[mythtvnz] Now I'm using two sources...

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:06:27 +1200 (NZST)

> On Mon, July 2, 2007 3:07 pm, Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>>For the last 2 years I've been using the svideo input to a PVR150 card
>>>from a Sky STB. I now have a SkyStar card so I have 2 sources. This has
>>>changed the user interface in the following areas:
>>>
>>>* I've set the priority of the Sat card higher than the PVR150 so that
>>> it
>>>is the preferred source for recordings - it also seems to make it the
>>>preferred LiveTV source which I thought would take the lowest priority
>>>source :-(
>>
>> Try toggling the Avoid Conflicts settings in  Settings > TV
>> Settings > General (page 1)
>>

>>>* when browsing in LiveTV mode I can only browse the current source -
>>>seems to be a bit of a limitation or is it just me! A PITA if the Sat
>>> card
>>>(with all 3 channels available on it) is the default.
>>
>> Hit "Y" to switch cards.
>
> This is still confusing. Shame there isn't a sensible way to up/down
> browse across all inputs.
>
>>>* Playback seems a bit jerky now - although this may be coincidental
>>> with
>>>the latest ffmpeg resync introducing various problems on Via C2 CPUs.
>>>

>> Is that for all recordings, or only ones from the SkyStar2?  I find
>> that DVB-S recordings suffer from a little jerkiness, most often when
>> the OSD appears or fades out.  This is on an Athlon64 3200+ or
>> X24600+, so I'm not normally starved for CPU, it just seems that's
>> the way it is.
>
> This is a bug in 0.20-fixes that isn't present in 0.20-svn. I've submitted
> the patches required for a backport, but no one has picked them up.

I'm still playing with the 'Avoid Conflicts' settings to get it the right
way round for my occasional LiveTV browsing habits!

This jerking problem only appears in LiveTV and it seems that the latest
SVN has changed the amount of buffering and its not enough for my system.
Either pausing or skipping back a few seconds to leave a 'buffer space'
sorts it all out. Strangely, its worse on the PVR150 to the DVB-S card -
maybe because the DVB card produces a 'cleaner' signal to start with.

--
Robin Gilks