[mythtvnz] Problems I've Found with Mythtv (Maybe all fixed)/ Questions?

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:22:40 +1200

> Do you have any deinterlace filters enabled?

Nope. I didn't.. I do now and it seems to fixed the problem, but interlace
filter do you suggest? I didn't get time to choose each to test.

We use the M2NPV-VM in 32bit mode for myPVR and it is excellent. Are you
based off sarge or stable? There really isn't any reason at present to go
64bit.

I'm using unstable and www.debian-multimedia.org  apt sources

1. You should be running the 1280x720_50 modeline for PAL.

I changed to this and works.. but still has overscanning missing quite a bit
of the picture. This is "normal" for TV but its just too much overscan. I
could spend hours working it out and i've looked at the modeline database,
but non of them get 100% what I want :-(

3. We currently run NVidia driver version 1.0-9626, but usually the most
recent is the best.

> - I have a number of inputs.. in LiveTV is it possible to show all the
> inputs (ie channel 1,2,3 = DVB-S, 4,5,6,7 = SKY via composite input and
> irblaster or alike, 8,9,10 = Composite on other capture card, 11,12,13,14
> =
> Tuner on Freq X)

>> Nope. Its a real pain but you can't.

Maybe in the future?? I think it would be something people would want.

> Way off topic for this group i'm afraid. It is still classed as hacking.

I see your point but ppl can email me directly if you want to keep it off
the list.

Thanks
Craig