[mythtvnz] Problems I've Found with Mythtv (Maybe all fixed)/ Questions?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 17:18:07 +1200 (NZST)

On Mon, July 2, 2007 4:54 pm, Craig Whitmore wrote:
> I'm using: 0.20.20060828-4 (Maybe all these have been fixed already)

Hmm that is rather old.

> - Sometimes when changing Channels the liveTV goes really slow. Changin=
> again and back to the Channel it goes properly (the Computer/HDD etc is
> quite fast enough)

This is fixed in SVN trunk, but isn't present in 0.20-fixes yet. I've put
in a ticket for a backport but no one has picked it up.

> - When Tuning the 2 Transponders on mythtv-setup it sets the last one a=
s V
> Pol so I have to go into the Channel Editor and Change the Transport to=
> Again

Yeah I've seen this one. Might be a bug decoding the DVB BAT table.

> - Some Channels have sometimes quite alot of.. dunno how you describe i=
> (interlacing artifacts) when things move around fast?

Might be down to the TV out are you running

Do you have any deinterlace filters enabled?

> should be
> -----
> -----
> -----
> sometimes
> -----
>  -----
> -----
>
> - I'm running 32bit debian on the machine at the moment.. Will 64Bit ma=
ke
> any real difference with mythtv/mplayer? I have all the hardware workin=
> on
> the M2NPV-VM motherboard if anyone needs help including fans etc.

We use the M2NPV-VM in 32bit mode for myPVR and it is excellent. Are you
based off sarge or stable? There really isn't any reason at present to go
64bit.

> - Any suggestions in the best version of the NVIDIA drivers and good mo=
de
> lines (I'm using DVI -> HDMI Cable to 50" LCD). I seem to have a little
> too
> much overscan with the NVIDIA's built in "1280x720_60" modeline .

1. You should be running the 1280x720_50 modeline for PAL.

2. Overscan sucks. Unless you get into the service mode on the TV it is a
pain to adjust.

3. We currently run NVidia driver version 1.0-9626, but usually the most
recent is the best.

> - I have a number of inputs.. in LiveTV is it possible to show all the
> inputs (ie channel 1,2,3 =3D DVB-S, 4,5,6,7 =3D SKY via composite input=
 and
> irblaster or alike, 8,9,10 =3D Composite on other capture card, 11,12,1=
3,14
> =3D
> Tuner on Freq X)

Nope. Its a real pain but you can't.

> - anyone got sasc-ng/newcamd with Valid Sky Subscription/Card with Card
> Reader Working? (I'm not talking about hacking Sky as its a valid
> subscription card I have and I pay for sky).

Way off topic for this group i'm afraid. It is still classed as hacking.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz