[mythtvnz] Problems I've Found with Mythtv (Maybe all fixed)/ Questions?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:39:52 +1200

Craig Whitmore wrote:
>> Do you have any deinterlace filters enabled?
>
> Nope. I didn't.. I do now and it seems to fixed the problem, but
> interlace filter do you suggest? I didn't get time to choose each to
> test.
Tend to use kernel

> We use the M2NPV-VM in 32bit mode for myPVR and it is excellent. Are you
> based off sarge or stable? There really isn't any reason at present to go
> 64bit.
>
> I'm using unstable and www.debian-multimedia.org  apt sources
Surprised Christian's build is that far behind 0.20-fixes

> 1. You should be running the 1280x720_50 modeline for PAL.
>
> I changed to this and works.. but still has overscanning missing quite
> a bit of the picture. This is "normal" for TV but its just too much
> overscan. I could spend hours working it out and i've looked at the
> modeline database, but non of them get 100% what I want :-(
Problem is the TV picture is designed for 5-10% overscan anyway.

> 3. We currently run NVidia driver version 1.0-9626, but usually the most
> recent is the best.
>
>> - I have a number of inputs.. in LiveTV is it possible to show all the
>> inputs (ie channel 1,2,3 = DVB-S, 4,5,6,7 = SKY via composite input and
>> irblaster or alike, 8,9,10 = Composite on other capture card,
>> 11,12,13,14
>> =
>> Tuner on Freq X)
>
>>> Nope. Its a real pain but you can't.
>
> Maybe in the future?? I think it would be something people would want.
As mentioned it might come in with the multiple recordings per dvb
multiplex support

Part of the problem is making sure you can only browse channels that are
on tuners that aren't currently in use.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz