[mythtvnz] Problems I've Found with Mythtv (Maybe all fixed)/ Questions?

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:54:03 +1200

I'm using: 0.20.20060828-4 (Maybe all these have been fixed already)

- Sometimes when changing Channels the liveTV goes really slow. Changing
again and back to the Channel it goes properly (the Computer/HDD etc is
quite fast enough)
- When Tuning the 2 Transponders on mythtv-setup it sets the last one as V
Pol so I have to go into the Channel Editor and Change the Transport to H
Again
- Some Channels have sometimes quite alot of.. dunno how you describe it
(interlacing artifacts) when things move around fast?

should be
-----
-----
-----
sometimes
-----
 -----
-----

- I'm running 32bit debian on the machine at the moment.. Will 64Bit make
any real difference with mythtv/mplayer? I have all the hardware working on
the M2NPV-VM motherboard if anyone needs help including fans etc.
- Any suggestions in the best version of the NVIDIA drivers and good mode
lines (I'm using DVI -> HDMI Cable to 50" LCD). I seem to have a little too
much overscan with the NVIDIA's built in "1280x720_60" modeline .
- I have a number of inputs.. in LiveTV is it possible to show all the
inputs (ie channel 1,2,3 = DVB-S, 4,5,6,7 = SKY via composite input and
irblaster or alike, 8,9,10 = Composite on other capture card, 11,12,13,14 =
Tuner on Freq X)
- anyone got sasc-ng/newcamd with Valid Sky Subscription/Card with Card
Reader Working? (I'm not talking about hacking Sky as its a valid
subscription card I have and I pay for sky).

Thanks
Craig