[mythtvnz] Setup query

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:32:53 +1300

------=_Part_51198_11688014.1168335173141

On 1/9/07, Karl Leaning <mythtv@objectivity.co.nz> wrote:

> I am in the throws of getting a system together with the primary purpose
> of running MythTV, and I would like to know if the box can be used also
> as a samba file server for a couple of windows PCs. I currently have a
> 2.4GHz Pentium 4 box which is used for file serving and a couple of
> firebird sql databases. I can't recall every seeing this peak above 5%
> utilisation! The holder of the purse strings would like to reduce the
> number of computers, thus the desire to have the MythTV box also act as
> a server.

Should be fine. I'm doing this myself, though it doesn't see heavy use as a
fileserver.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_51198_11688014.1168335173141

I am in the throws of getting a system together with the primary purpose<br>of running MythTV, and I would like to know if the box can be used also<br>as a samba file server for a couple of windows PCs. I currently have a

------=_Part_51198_11688014.1168335173141--