[mythtvnz] Setup query

Karl Leaning mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:31:36 +1300

I am in the throws of getting a system together with the primary purpose
of running MythTV, and I would like to know if the box can be used also
as a samba file server for a couple of windows PCs. I currently have a
2.4GHz Pentium 4 box which is used for file serving and a couple of
firebird sql databases. I can't recall every seeing this peak above 5%
utilisation! The holder of the purse strings would like to reduce the
number of computers, thus the desire to have the MythTV box also act as
a server.

The (new) MythTV box is to use a Athlon64 4200+x2 (one of the nice new
65W versions) with 1GB ram.