[mythtvnz] Another cheeky cap request - Rude Awakenings ep 1

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:21:18 +1300

------=_Part_95886_27217334.1171502478474

On 2/15/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, February 15, 2007 1:25 pm, nick@rout.co.nz wrote:
> >> You can watch it online at
> >>
> http://tvnz.co.nz/view/tvone_minisite_index_skin/tvone_rude_awakenings_group
> ,
> >> not TV quality, but better than nothing.
> >
> > How cool, downloading the biggest version now and it is 720x576, so the
> > quality is not too bad at all by the look of it.
> >
> > Thanks. I'll watch it tonight and then can watch ep 2 on Friday.
>
> Here is a good one for you. The new copyright ammendment bill legalises
> Time Shifting of TV within certain restrictions. One of these is that you
> explicity cannot time-shift if the program is made available "On-Demand".
> Hence if this becomes Law we wouldn't be allowed to time-shift Rude
> Awakenings.

Is that an intended consequence of the legislation or are they thinking more
of PPV type situations? I mean, it kind of makes sense to argue that you
shouldn't timeshift something from a particular source if it is available
on-demand from that source. But to say that you shouldn't timeshift a
program on a TV channel just because it's available on the net (or
vice-versa) doesn't make sense. You might not have access to the on-demand
source.

Steve