[mythtvnz] Another cheeky cap request - Rude Awakenings ep 1

mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:37:30 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Thu, February 15, 2007 1:25 pm, nick@rout.co.nz wrote:
>>> You can watch it online at
>>> http://tvnz.co.nz/view/tvone_minisite_index_skin/tvone_rude_awakening=
s_group,
>>> not TV quality, but better than nothing.
>>>

>> How cool, downloading the biggest version now and it is 720x576, so th=
>> quality is not too bad at all by the look of it.

Hmmm idiots at TVNZ, make that 720x576 including some black borders.

>> Thanks. I'll watch it tonight and then can watch ep 2 on Friday.
>
> Here is a good one for you. The new copyright ammendment bill legalises
> Time Shifting of TV within certain restrictions. One of these is that y=
ou
> explicity cannot time-shift if the program is made available "On-Demand=
".
> Hence if this becomes Law we wouldn't be allowed to time-shift Rude
> Awakenings.

We weren't allowed to before the change in legislation, do you really
think its going to change human behaviour?

What do you think my mother would say  (assuming she wanted to watch Rude
Awakenings) if you told her that she cannot video it because you can
download it on the net "on demand". She doesn't even have a computer!