[mythtvnz] Re: Best type of splitter for Sky + MythTV DVB-S

Daniel Williams mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:44:29 +1300

 > Ok just did an install with a power pass splitter with Sky on the power
 > side and MythTV/myPVR on the other. That works as long as I only tune
 > Vertical channels.

 > Need to have a play with a splitter with dual power pass with a Sky Box.

Sorry I wasn't too clear about this, basically my setup doesn't work
unless a dual power pass is used.  With my setup BOTH sky + mythtv are
supplying power to the LNB.  As my mythbox and sky box are in different
rooms, the splitter Sky put in passes power on both sides (so you can
move the sky box between rooms, and it still works).

My setup

Dish -> Sky splitter (passes power on both outputs)

1 Side of Sky splitter goes to the lounge, to the sky box.
Other side of Sky splitter goes to the computer room.

In the computer room, there is another splitter (1 power pass 3 non
power pass).  Originally I had the mythbox connected to one of the
non-power pass outputs, which didn't work with D1.  When I changed the
mythbox to the power pass output, everything works for me.

I could record TVNZ One/Two on the mythbox, whilst watching Sky on the
lounge tv (I checked the channels I watch on Sky - Sport 1, Discovery,
UKTV, Nat Geo, History).

I did notice that DWTV looked a little blocky, but put it down to
teething issues with D1, as TV1/2 was fine for me.

Regards
Daniel