[mythtvnz] Introduction

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 02:35:59 GMT 2007

I set up my first rig earlier this year with a similar spec and
basically works well. I'd second the comment that DVB-S is worth looking
into as you can pick up the bits new off Trade-Me and self-install a
satellite dish for under  $250 all in.

I used a Silverstone case and it's got nice lines and solid
construction. I got a model which can hold a few drives as I thought
this might be useful for building up a store of movies. Only gripes are
I've never had any joy getting the multi-directional pad on the remote
working despite a few patches out on the net and one of the buttons is
now bung and next to useless after less than six months.

I've also had no joy controlling the fan speeds (can't remember the
power management software I'm using. The PMU has got quite a big fan
(pretty quiet though) and it'd be good to wind it down a bit.