[mythtvnz] Introduction

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 03:34:40 GMT 2007

Welcome aboard Phillip. The guys on this mailing list have been a great help
to me as I'm sure they will be to you.

On the motherboard question, I'd happily recommend the Asus M2NPV-VM.
Integrated graphics work out of the box on Ubuntu. I'm not sure about all
the very technical specs and maybe it's a bit low end for some of the real
afficionados, but it works well for me.
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=0&model=1138&modelmenu=1

I use a Silverstone case - it's nice looking and quiet enough without any
special cooling.

And I'd second the suggestion that you get a Technisat Skystar 2 right up
front as well to handle Freeview.

- David

PS plan also to run Ethernet to the bedroom, study, games room etc... you
will soon want to access your PVR from other rooms.