[mythtvnz] Setting Tone on Mythtv

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Sun Dec 9 10:08:33 GMT 2007

Phew - Yep this does indeed work.

I now have the following setup in myth

EMP-154 (DiSEqC switch committed 2 port)--->>--Sat A (Tone Switch)
              |                                  /       \
              |Sat B                            /         \
              |                        No Tone  |         | Tone
              |                                LNB       LNB
          Unconfigured                        Custom    Custom
                                       switch 20000   switch 11700
                                          Low 11300   Low    9750
                                         High 11300   High   10600
                                     Port A = Vert    Port C = Vert
                                     Port B = Hori    Port D = Hori

I have a Universal Dual pointed at OptusD1 plugged into Ports C&D
And a Sharp 11300 pointed at OptusB3 plugged into Port A

Myth seems to be able to handle this setup just fine.
Next to setup another LNB on Optus C1 and put it on Port B (it will need
a 90 deg rotation).

I also have my Sky STB plugged into the other receiver socket on the
EMP.  It doesn't have any problems with the setup either.

Dean (The quest for 6 sats into Myth continues)  =)