[mythtvnz] Will I get better reception with DVB-T than analogue?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:03:09 GMT 2007

Sugarloaf is hazy and fuzzy for analogue. We haven't used an analogue
tuner for years (except when the old Sky satellite tipped itself over
a while back). For the last 10 years we have relied on Sky and more
latterly DVB-S Freeview for TV.

Is there any chance that DVB-T will do better than analogue-T? Is a
matter of trying and seeing what happens? (Oh yeah I can imagine the
wife's banter about buying a card that MIGHT work!!). I just somehow,
and probably unscientifically, thought that if you could get some sort
of lock the digital nature of the data might enable a clear signal to
be received.

Or am I dreaming?