[mythtvnz] Satellite position photo

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Mon Dec 3 23:36:15 GMT 2007

Hi All;

Thinking about satellite stuff, as you do, I remembered that I had the
following photo lying around from plotting GPS sat tracks from my ntp
server at home.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deanpemberton/476689103/

It's a 360deg azimuth pano with about a 100deg elevation range.

I wondered what it would look like if I plotted the locations of the
available satellites on it.
Some playing around with a calculator, Lyngsat and Photoshop yielded the
following picture...

http://deanpemberton.com/LowerHuttToroidal.jpg

Might be useful to help people visualise where things are in the sky.
The light red box shows the 40 degree spread of a T90 Toroidal with a 10
deg skew, centered on Optus D1.

Dean