[mythtvnz] Canwest transponder now active

Daniel McKenzie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:35:18 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Selected programs (especially Music Videos) are transmitting as 4:3 inside
> 16:9 rather than being flagged as 16:9.
>
> This will annoy both 16:9 and 4:3 owners.
>
> 16:9 sets can't stretch the picure to fit the screen like they did before
> as the TV things it has a 16:9 picutre
>
> 4:3 owners are left with a tiny picture a loads of black borders

Yes. However I was playing around with the MythTV settings last night.

Fill seems to work for 4:3 sets as it doesn't appear to distort the
images on One/2 or 3/4 from what I can tell, which seems to be against
what the mode title suggests.

16:9 stretch appears to stretch the image further, so any shows that are
broadcast in 4:3 with the black bars can be stretched out to fit 16:9 again.

All the other modes distort the image, or make 3/4 look fine, while
making One/2 distorted. Oh, if only we could set modes specifically for
each channel.

Haven't seen what this does to MythDVD or MythVideo though.

- Daniel