[mythtvnz] Canwest transponder now active

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:02:58 +1200 (NZST)

On Wed, April 25, 2007 10:51 am, Daniel McKenzie wrote:
> Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
>> mmm yes
>>
>> Great picture quality especially compared to terestual where we are bu=
>> it's
>> 4:3 inside 16:9 i.e. black boarders either side.... it'll be better on
>> the
>> day...
>>

> I tuned in the transponder last night and it is 16:9. It was probably
> the program you were watching that was only in 4:3.

Selected programs (especially Music Videos) are transmitting as 4:3 insid=
16:9 rather than being flagged as 16:9.

This will annoy both 16:9 and 4:3 owners.

16:9 sets can't stretch the picure to fit the screen like they did before
as the TV things it has a 16:9 picutre

4:3 owners are left with a tiny picture a loads of black borders

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz