[mythtvnz] Re: DVB issues

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:41:42 +1200

--=-VayxXkhiA0Pw8WvDY+cL

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 10:57 +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Friday 29 September 2006 10:23, David Zanetti wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 16:27 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > > I've finally got around to getting something working reasonably well =
-
> > > I've modified tv_grab_dvb to decode the content categories using a
> > > text map file. I've even had a quick go at figuring out Sky's
> > > non-standard categories. I'll email you a copy directly. If anyone
> > > else is interested let me know.
> >
> > This is now feeding http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/latest_beta.xml.gz .. I
> > will switch it over to the default file based on feedback.. :)
> >
> > At the moment, I'm using very limited category selections.
> >
> > I can't actually test this in my own Myth install because I use the
> > built-in EIT scanner. Anyone confirm the beta file above is okay?
>=20
> I've just tried it and it the listing themselves appear fine.
>=20
> It picks up a few categories which is cool but it does appear to categori=
se a=20
> lot into "show/game show"

Yes, that's coming from the use of limited category selections.. I will
try out the more extended set shortly.

> Also, to satisfy my curiosity and for my own future use, is there a reaso=
n you=20
> haven't tried the epgsnoop script that Andrew Bruce posted a while back?=20
> There was at least one report of it working well.

No specific reason, I had forgotten about it actually :)

I might hook that up to another feed as well. Since the machine has a
DVB card dedicated to nothing but guide harvesting, it's easy enough to
run several.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Systems Architect