[mythtvnz] Re: DVB issues

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:57:42 +1200

On Friday 29 September 2006 10:23, David Zanetti wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 16:27 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > I've finally got around to getting something working reasonably well -
> > I've modified tv_grab_dvb to decode the content categories using a
> > text map file. I've even had a quick go at figuring out Sky's
> > non-standard categories. I'll email you a copy directly. If anyone
> > else is interested let me know.
>
> This is now feeding http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/latest_beta.xml.gz .. I
> will switch it over to the default file based on feedback.. :)
>
> At the moment, I'm using very limited category selections.
>
> I can't actually test this in my own Myth install because I use the
> built-in EIT scanner. Anyone confirm the beta file above is okay?

I've just tried it and it the listing themselves appear fine.

It picks up a few categories which is cool but it does appear to categorise a
lot into "show/game show"

Here is a screeshot of mythweb; http://mail.nice.net.nz/epg.png

Also, to satisfy my curiosity and for my own future use, is there a reason you
haven't tried the epgsnoop script that Andrew Bruce posted a while back?
There was at least one report of it working well.

Thanks for the EPG BTW. I don't have a DVB card yet but I'm planning on
getting one or two in sometime soon.

Cheers,

hads

--