[mythtvnz] 0.20

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:17:34 +1200

--=-VgWdxdfsQWNkCYrqUuiR

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 09:38 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> So how many people out there are using 0.20, and how are finding it?
> I'm considering upgrading this weekend...

I'm running 0.20, however I upgraded from 0.17 so my perception of
change may be greater than exists.

OpenGL rendering is cute but largely "now we can start doing useful
things with it", so the fades on the main menu are it.=20

DVB stuff, once I populated a proper configuration of switches and LNBs
worked okay. Actually, better than okay, I now have test cards from
Optus C1 at 156E as well as all the stuff from B1 at 160E.

Internal player seems to work for most content (including AC3 content
with passthru to my amp correctly), but DTS content crashes it badly.
And I've tried a couple of DVD ISOs, only one played properly with menus
etc, the rest all just bailed. Which is a shame, I really want to pull a
selection of DVDs to a hard drive without transcoding them.

Internal EIT scanner is nice, but I don't know when that got finally
fixed and working. It *appears* to have catagories too, since I can see
pretty colours on some items..

Seems an okay release to me.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>