[mythtvnz] VisionPlus 1020A DVB-S experiences.

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:01:06 +1300

On 10/18/06, Sam Hadley-Jones <sam@samborambo.ws> wrote:
> I get all kinds of whacky crap in the
> backend log, notably this:
>
> 2006-10-18 09:40:28.657 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(2,Warning, can
> not measure Bit Error Rate): Operation not supported
> 2006-10-18 09:40:28.661 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(2,Warning, can
> not count Uncorrected Blocks): Operation not supported

"Operation not supported" implies either the driver or the hardware
isn't working quite right. I'd be a little cautious about assuming
that Optus B1 is to blame.

> Otpus D1 transmission may not necessarily fix the problem if the
> transponder is still being transmitted at the same power. Might do some
> hunting to find the specs on D1. Failing that I'll probably get an
> amplifier or a bigger dish.

It's a more powerful transmitter. That's why they are touting it as
reducing rain fade. But I'm not convinced it's the signal that's
causing your problems.

Steve