[mythtvnz] VisionPlus 1020A DVB-S experiences.

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:52:26 +1300

My mythbox has been running a bit unstable since I installed the dvb
card. I've got a PVR-150 in there also and the ivtv module throws a
wobbly every so often for no apparent reason - even when not
watching/recording from dvb. I get all kinds of whacky crap in the
backend log, notably this:

2006-10-18 09:40:28.657 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(2,Warning, can
not measure Bit Error Rate): Operation not supported
2006-10-18 09:40:28.661 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(2,Warning, can
not count Uncorrected Blocks): Operation not supported

This goes on every couple of minutes even when nothing is being
recorded/watched which makes for very big logs (2.5MB over the last
couple of days).

Otpus D1 transmission may not necessarily fix the problem if the
transponder is still being transmitted at the same power. Might do some
hunting to find the specs on D1. Failing that I'll probably get an
amplifier or a bigger dish.

Sam.