[mythtvnz] Myth DVD creation

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:24:30 +1300 (NZDT)

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:59:33 +1300 (NZDT)
> "Steven Ellis" <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> If it wasn't ready I wouldn't ship it :)
>>
>> Anyhow the details.
>>
>> 1. Make sure you pick up some of the 0.20-fixes. A pure 0.20 release has
>> too many issues, especially with MythWeb and MythArchive.
>>
>> 2. Clean switch from MythBurn to MythArchive can be fun, but well worth
>> it. MythArchive has a couple of additional dependancies that the myPVR
>> build includes.
>>
>> 3. The INTERNAL dvd player is still a little buggy. Most of these issues
>> are fixed in SVN but haven't made it into fixes yet.
>>
>> 4. Retro theme is broken
>>
>> 5. The new OpenGL font rendering is very pretty but slows things down a
>> bit.
>>
>> Overall an excellent update. Well worth doing, but I took over a month
>> fixing issues and waiting on patches before I let it out to customers.
>>
>> Steve
>
> Does the "myPVR build" get a public airing, said Nick cheekily...

Under the GPL I'm not required to provide the binaries only the source.
The source is the same as you will get off MythTV.org with a couple of
backported patches from SVN one of which i've posted here anyway.

Plus the "myPVR build" doesn't work to well if you get into dependacy hell
on a platform other than knoppmyth :(.

I have more than enough headaches supporting the build on my own hardware.
I had a lot of requests at BBT for a release for people's own PCs and I
just can't go there. Way too many hardware issues. Just getting the
perfect compile options for performance and stability is an interesting
exercise.

Steve