[mythtvnz] Philips 42PF9966 42" Plasma with HDMI input

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:21:03 +1300

Simon Third wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to get my KnoppMyth box displaying on my Philips
> 42PF9966 42" Plasma using the DVI to HDMI cable that came with the TV.
> I can get 1280x720p@60Hz working, but would like to use all 1366x768
> pixels.
>
> When I've tried 1280x768 and 1368x768 the TV thinks its 1080i.  The spec
> sheet for the TV says it supports 1280x768@60Hz (WXGA) so I should be
> able to get this to work? Any idea's welcome, as I've tried all the
> ModeLines from both Wiki's and some from "The XFree86 Modeline
> Generator" without any luck.

Have you got the output from

"startx -- -logverbose 6"

There is a good chance that the set doesn't have a 1368 native modeline.
Some sets will only allow a native connection over VGA.

Also check if you can run a 50Hz 720p connection as you don't really
want to play PAL material at 50Hz.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz