Solved [mythtvnz] Two PVR-150s, one works one doesn't -

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 26 May 2006 18:02:22 +1200

Those PVR150s don't work well with weaker signals. Passive aerial
splitters attenuate the signal by a few dB at least. I bought an active
splitter with similar specs to this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/TVs-projectors/Cables-aerials/auction-54783679.htm

off trademe. It works well for all channels except for C4 - still a bit
sick looking. The tuners in most TVs are a lot more forgiving. If Prime
is coming through weak even just through your TV then you may need a
mast head UHF amplifier too. I tracked down such an amplifier minus the
power injector and just modded the VHF/UHF one to supply power to both.

Hope this helps.

Sam.