[mythtvnz] new to list and saturn free to air channels

Jonathan Bell mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 20 May 2006 15:45:03 +1200

Hi

I have recently set up a mythtv box

mythtv 0.19
Hauppauge 150 card
irblaster from ir.blaster.info
ms media center remote and receiver
1.6GHz pc
40G hard disk (to small)

I noticed in the archive some one asking for the channels saturn uses
for there cable network. After some investigation which involved a
trying different frequencies the setting that matched most closely was
the one labeled east-european except for Maori TV which was several
hundred MHz off (?)

I can supply the frequencies I found if you still want them.

I have also recently  found a problem  with channel changing.
Since upgrading to 0.19 occasionally when changing the channel where the
saturn set top box needs to change the channel the top quarter of the
picture will start to flash black. I can produce the same symptom by
channel on the set top box while not changing the channel in myth. I can
fix this by stepping back to the menu and back into to Live tv again so
I'm guessing that the card is somehow affected by the channel change in
the stream from the set top box.

Does any one else have any similar problems or have any suggestions,
solutions etc.

Cheers
Jonathan