[mythtvnz] Memory leak and freezing at the end of most recordings in LiveTV

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 04 May 2006 06:26:04 +1200

Hi guys,

I've been having this problem since I started using LiveTV. At the end
of each time block, TV will freeze and the frontend will slowly leak
memory until it spits the dummy. Even when it freezes, the frontend is
still responsive. I can escape out of live tv, go back in and it runs
fine until the end of the next time block. The leaked memory isn't
released though. The back end seems totally oblivious to all of this and
chugs along fine.

At first I thought it might just be a bug with the verion of mythtv I
was running (precompiled Knoppmyth R5B7) so since then I've compiled
many different versions from svn and they all exhibit the same problem.
I've rebuilt the entire system from debian Etch base packages but kept
my data partition and sql tables.

Like I said, this problem doesn't occur all the time and doesn't seem to
follow a pattern that I can see. Can't seem to find anything in the list
archives about this. What want to know is - has anyone else had this
problem? How did you fix it?

Sam.