[mythtvnz] How do I get a PVR150 to talk to my TelstraClear/Saturn cable box?

Douglas Pearless mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:48:12 +1200

--------------020108070203000206090302

Hi,

I have the PVR150 with the IR RemoteBlaster cable which is an IR
transmitter and an IR receiver connected via an IR cable jack on the
backplane of the PVR150 card (NO USB used at all).

I have found http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2000 which
appears to be the right one, I'll try it soon.

Looks like there is a Hauppauge remote profile as well, I will try
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge

I assume I just need to replace the existing lircd.conf with a new one
which is the concatenation of the two above files??  Nothing else to do???

Lastly, my cable box doesn't have s-video (darn!!!).

Cheers Douglas.

Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using KnoppixMyth R5C7 and have a PVR150 with the remote and IR
>> transmitter and receiver.
>>
>> My TelstraClear/Saturn decoder is connected to the Composite video +L/R
>> sound inputs on the PVR150.
>>
>> I have setup MythTV to use composite-0, and I have used mythfilldatabase
>> to load 10 days of data (thanks to www.reven.co.nz).  During setup I
>> told it that I have a hauppauge remote and selected 'd' when asked which
>> one it was.
>>

> I'd recommend the s-video input if the TelstraCLear/Saturn has an output
> of this flavour. I get a slightly sharper picture from my Sky box using
> it.

BUT, how do I setup LIRC to be able to send out the correct ircodes to
>> the TelstraCLear/Saturn decoder box?
>> AND, how do I get MythTV to recognise the Hauppauge remote so I can use
>> it via MythTV to change the channels???
>>

> Two things here:
> 1. Find a lircd.conf file for the Saturn remote control - you'll be
> emulating the thing with an IR blaster so you'll need the codes. It may be
> on the lirc site (not checked) but its easy enough to 'learn' a set if you
> have an IR receiver. I drive my Sky IR blaster from the motherboard
> internal serial port header (and hence the serial driver) and added a
> 3.5mm jack on the case for the IR blaster LED to plug into. See if the
> Saturn remote has any reference numbers on it that tie in with anything o
> the lirc site.
>
> 2. You don't say which PVR-150 you have! There are several types. I have
> the 150mce retail which uses a rc6 remote and a USB receiver. It uses the
> mceusb2 driver. The lircd.conf file for it IS on the lirc web site and you
> just need to cocatenate the file with the Saturn one. If you have the
> non-mce remote then you'll have a standard IR receiver that plug into the
> card (I think).
>
> One bug with the above is that you won't be able to use the usb receiver
> to learn the Saturn remote codes, you'll need a 'standard' receiver. A
> simple design is on the lirc site - I'm sure someone here will have a code
> list though.
>
> Cheers

--------------020108070203000206090302

<head>
</head>
Hi,<br>
I have the PVR150 with the IR RemoteBlaster cable which is an IR
transmitter and an IR receiver connected via an IR cable jack on the
backplane of the PVR150 card (NO USB used at all).<br>
I have found <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2000">http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2000</a> which
appears to be the right one, I'll try it soon.<br>
Looks like there is a Hauppauge remote profile as well, I will try
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge">http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge</a> <br>
I assume I just need to replace the existing lircd.conf with a new one
which is the concatenation of the two above files??&nbsp; Nothing else to
do???<br>
Lastly, my cable box doesn't have s-video (darn!!!).<br>
Cheers Douglas.<br>
Robin Gilks wrote:
 cite="mid34006.192.168.1.15.1150020800.squirrel@gilks.ath.cx"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Hi,

to load 10 days of data (thanks to <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.reven.co.nz">www.reven.co.nz</a>).  During setup I
told it that I have a hauppauge remote and selected 'd' when asked which
one it was.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I'd recommend the s-video input if the TelstraCLear/Saturn has an output
of this flavour. I get a slightly sharper picture from my Sky box using
it.

  </pre>
BUT, how do I setup LIRC to be able to send out the correct ircodes to<br>
 cite="mid34006.192.168.1.15.1150020800.squirrel@gilks.ath.cx"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
    <pre wrap="">the TelstraCLear/Saturn decoder box?