[mythtvnz] Minimum specs for PVR

Steve Biddle mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:59:41 +1200 (NZST)

Hi guys... I've been lurking in this mailing list for several months and have
played with several releases of Knoppmyth on my desktop PC but want to build up
a dedicated PVR so I'm after a few tips.

I don't want to build a huge system at this stage, I basically just want to
build up a system to play around with and use to replace my VCR. Ideally I'd be
after an ITX (or similair) based system in a small(ish) case with a single
channel PVR150 and remote and a largeish HDD.

Are any of the Via Mini ITX boards with onboard TV out any good with MythTV?
Are these boards powerful enough to do a good job? What speed Via processor
would I ideally need for a usable system or am I better looking at something
else such as a P4/Celeron ITX board?

   Cheers