[mythtvnz] EPG/source questions

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:22:08 +1200

>Hi all
>

>Just got my DVB-S card up and going (got to love that KnoppMyth) but I also
>have PVR350 recording analog (1,2,3,Prime mostly), so I have a couple of
>questions:
>

>1) How do I setup the sources/channels so that the common channels are
>available on either card and are recognised as such by Myth so that it will
>automatically record a program on which ever card is available (as opposed
>to thinking that TVone analog is a different channel to TVone DVB-S?

The key thing is having the callsigns the same between the channels.
If the same program is available on two channels, and each channel
has the same callsign then it's the same program, and the scheduler
will use which ever card is available (lowest cardID first, but you
can set card priority in mythtv-setup)

>2) How do I set up Myth to use the DVB-S EPG? I have ticked the
>over-the-air' option for the DVB channels, but this only populates the
>now/next programs at any point in time, and does nothing further ahead than
>that (using 12.483 transport).

I don't use the DVB-S EPG, I use the normal EPG.
Personally I grab the xml file using a script and tv_grab_dvb (based
on the info from pvr.geek.nz).  Once I've got the normal data loaded
I have a mysql script to copy the program data from the just loaded
TV One to the TV One of the DVB card (as an example)  Just repeat for
each extra channel on the DVB card.

Other option is to run mythfilldatabase twice in a row to populate
the 2 different channel lineups (1 per card)

mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 latestlistings.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 2 -1 latestlistings.xml

  - Wade