[mythtvnz] EPG/source questions

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:53:56 +1200

Thanks Wade - any chance you can email me your script for tv_grab_dvb? I tried
messing around with it a little (following pvr.geek.nz) and seemed to have
trouble accessing the DVB hardware from dvbstream - I wondered if Myth was
grabbing it and not letting go. Are you using dvbstream or dvbtune to tune the
card to the right transport? dvbstream seems like overkill, not sure why its
recommended over dvbtune. And which transport are you getting the EPG data
from? I used the 12.483 (ie which I was tuned to already in myth) and only
pulled down the data which I get in myth already (ie now/next, about 14
entries in total).

Many thanks
Nick