[mythtvnz] sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards?

Jason Haar mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:56:10 +1200

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:22, Jason Haar wrote:
>
>> Has anyone got a NZ supplier for EPIA VIA fanless motherboards that have
>> TVout - such as the SP8000?
>>
>> I'm trying to build a silent VIA system (no, I feel the standard fanned
>> EPIA m/b are noisy), and am having a cow of a time finding anyone who
>> brings in the SP8000. I've tried procase.co.nz, mini-itx.co.nz, no joy.
>>

> If there's anything that tickles your fancy then I can organise it for you.

That's very kind of you - the MV823S1R10E (fanless Eden 1GHz) looks
quite good. However, I already have a case, and those motherboards
aren't VIA EPIA - they're 210x150 whereas my case is for a standard VIA
mini-ITX (170x170) m/b :-(

(long story. I've found all the bits I wanted via two different
suppliers, ordered, then the one with the m/b told me they were mistaken
and can't get the m/b I wanted. So now I have a case, RAM, disk - and no
motherboard :-(

eBay looks like my only option. I can't believe that there are so many
distributors of VIA m/b in NZ, and yet they all either won't bring in
the full range - or won't get me one as a "one-off". :-(