[mythtvnz] sourcing fanless EPIA motherboards?

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:59:05 +1200

On Friday 21 July 2006 12:56, Jason Haar wrote:
> That's very kind of you - the MV823S1R10E (fanless Eden 1GHz) looks
> quite good. However, I already have a case, and those motherboards
> aren't VIA EPIA - they're 210x150 whereas my case is for a standard VIA
> mini-ITX (170x170) m/b :-(

I think I must have looked at all the specs except the dimensions! I assumed
they were Mini-ITX (you know what they say about assumptions), I guess it
should have been fairly easy to pick up since the pictures show that the
motherboard isn't square!

> (long story. I've found all the bits I wanted via two different
> suppliers, ordered, then the one with the m/b told me they were mistaken
> and can't get the m/b I wanted. So now I have a case, RAM, disk - and no
> motherboard :-(

:(

> eBay looks like my only option. I can't believe that there are so many
> distributors of VIA m/b in NZ, and yet they all either won't bring in
> the full range - or won't get me one as a "one-off". :-(

I agree, it is annoying, and unfortunately it happens for a whole raft of
products.

Cheers,

hads

--