[mythtvnz] PVR-150 - missing audio 1 time in 10?

paul arthur mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:03:56 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks all

Version of IVTV - 0.4.3, so im guessing i installed R5B7 - (19.1). The sound is failing a bit more
often now - but consistently on the 2nd recording in a row - ie
DesparateHousewives(sound)-->GreysA(nosound). Wife not impressed.

TV aeriel/signal has always been good - Clarks beach is not too far from the Waitak repeater. I
removed extra cabling, but this made no improvement.

I'll upgrade to R5C7 with the IVTV 0.4.4 drivers and see how that goes, hopefully no
recompile/upgrade required from there.

Had a look at options for mono to resolve any NICAM issues - cant see them, again hopefully the
upgrade will change the requirement.

thanks again.
Paul.

> 1 Check your firmware versions
>
> 2. How good is your TV signal
>
> 3. Check you have the correct IVTV options. Some cards will work with two
> different tuner types which confuses things.
>
> The main reason for your issue is the audio driver getting confused about
> which NICAM carrier we have in NZ. If the Nicam carrier is a little low in
> your area can you disable it to only get mono audio?
>
> Which build of Knoppmyth have you gone for R5B7 or R5C7?
>
> Steve

Paul Arthur and Cathy Windsor
New Zealand