[mythtvnz] PVR-150 - missing audio 1 time in 10?

Open Media Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:57:24 +1200 (NZST)

> I recently upgraded to 0.19 knoppmyth - via complete rebuild, and added
a PVR150 -replacing my
> BT878 card. Im having problems with the PVR150 not always recording aud=
io.

> Stopping a recording, then REACTIVATING it will continue the recording =
-
with sound. This is fine
> unless watching previously recorded programs!!!
>
> Subsequent recordings on the same channel are more likely to miss the
soundtrack ??!

> No mods to knoppmyth - just kept it "out of the box" to reduce chance o=
my fiddles affecting it.

> Im thinking this card needs to go back as it seems to me this is an
intermittant hardware problem.

> your thoughts please.

1 Check your firmware versions

2. How good is your TV signal

3. Check you have the correct IVTV options. Some cards will work with two
different tuner types which confuses things.

The main reason for your issue is the audio driver getting confused about
which NICAM carrier we have in NZ. If the Nicam carrier is a little low i=
your area can you disable it to only get mono audio?

Which build of Knoppmyth have you gone for R5B7 or R5C7?

OpenMedia Limited
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz