[mythtvnz] PVR-150 - missing audio 1 time in 10?

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:25:35 +1200

Hi Paul

Have you instlled the new version of knoppmyth R5C7, it has some IVTV fixes
in it.
I installed a PVR150 a few weeks ago on R5C6 and couldn't get the PVR150 to
work at all with the stock standard ivtv.

I ended up downloading and compiling a new ivtv using a combination of the
instructions here:
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=HauppaugeOneFiftyInstallation
and here:
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=CompileIvtv

Regards
Toby Mills
www.np.co.nz

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of paul arthur
Sent: Tuesday, 11 July 2006 12:23 p.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: [mythtvnz] PVR-150 - missing audio 1 time in 10?

I recently upgraded to 0.19 knoppmyth - via complete rebuild, and added a
PVR150 -replacing my BT878 card. Im having problems with the PVR150 not
always recording audio.

Stopping a recording, then REACTIVATING it will continue the recording -
with sound. This is fine unless watching previously recorded programs!!!

Subsequent recordings on the same channel are more likely to miss the
soundtrack ??!

No mods to knoppmyth - just kept it "out of the box" to reduce chance of my
fiddles affecting it.

Im thinking this card needs to go back as it seems to me this is an
intermittant hardware problem.

your thoughts please.

lspci -
0000:01:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16
(CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

Thanks